Monday, February 3, 2014

Computer Graphic Final Project


Janet Harsono
1701373056
01PBD

Computer Graphic Rationale for Final Project

The concept for my design is about calmness and gloomy feeling in an autumn season which is related to an indie folk song like my band’s genre music. Folk music usually in a gentle concept and I have seen a lot of color like green, brown, black and white which are fit my concept for folk song. Then I put guitar, chair, and a “floating” window to my album cover because my original band which I chose named Iron and Wine and the other folk band usually uses guitar for the instrument and just sit in front of the audience singing with a very gentle voice. I chose the background of bare trees surrounded by flower field is because that was the most proper and background that fit perfectly to my concept rather than the savannah one which is more showing a dry season and remain no peaceful feeling. The “floating” window beside the chair and guitar has a meaning which is to imagine you are in an empty room with window inside, sit down, relax, play the guitar and singing a folk song as if you are in a field of flower and no one is around. Bringing a peaceful feeling to your heart.
            I also have obstacles that are quite terrible for me. I’m a traditional kind of person which means that I’m not really good at using Adobe. I was, but now I’m not. I became to be so nervous and got confused easily when I got a project for computer graphic. I really want to learn Adobe because I’m streaming interactive media design for major later. I was so desperate and crying because I do not know what I had to do first. Then I searched for some tutorials. After I made some of my sketches digitally which are suck, lecturer gave me some opinion about the sketches and I remade it again to a better sketch. Then the other obstacle is when I had to print my artwork. It’s confused me because I basically know nothing about printing and what size, where do I have to print my artwork, where can I find tote bag and t-shirt. And my printing place wasn’t near my house.
            But then beside any obstacles there are always skills and obstacles I achieved. I became to know how to make few objects through searching some tutorials. Now I know where I have to print, buy something for merchandise, what kind of size. I’ve learnt few things through this final project and I think it is okay to fail in the first place because I’m still learning. I will try to work little harder to get good marks at this subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment